Tuesday, July 7, 2026

Miscellaneous Art Pieces

Hey all! Apologies for the slow blog posts, I haven't really been motivated to post on this blog, along with me being busy on other things to keep up with sharing my artwork (whoops!) So I thought I'd share a few pieces of artwork of mine, that I was gonna make into their own separate blog posts, but I barely had much to share about them (akin to how I share my sketches). 

First up, this drawing of Ninten (from Mother 1/Earthbound Beginnings) next to a curious Yotsuba (from Yotsuba&). Originally drawn on March 11th. I've always had a fondness for these two characters, since the Mother series was one of the first video game franchises I've ever gotten into (sort of) and since I picked up a volume of the Yotsuba manga from my middle school's library. 

I based the pose off of this drawing Akira Toriyama made of Gohan and Arale. Since I saw these two sharing the same dynamic. I'm most proud of the color choices I used here, Ninten was easy since I used a photo of the clay model used to promote Mother 1, where for Yotsuba, I kinda struggled on what color green I wanted both her hair and her pupils to be, but I found a shade that looked good.

Next is this drawing of Tobi shaking hands with Moon Child! Originally drawn on June 11th. An obscure video game character that became popular a few months back due to a build of a cancelled Amiga port of said game getting leaked, containing a really cool intro song.

I'll admit, I was a wee bit late to the whole Moon Child fad that happened over on Bluesky, but eh, better late then never! Had a ton of fun drawing these two, though I am disappointed at how the background ended up, granted I did record myself drawing this just so I can make it into a speedpaint (Which you can find here), so I couldn't really think of a decent background at the moment. Oh well.

And last but not least, this cute drawing of Stitch and Reuben from the Lilo and Stitch franchise! I drew this for "6/26 day" a day dedicated to who else? Experiment 626! (That's Stitch's code name if you haven't seen the movie). 

Originally I was gonna this on June 25th since that was 625 day (Reuben's code name) and do a 6/26 day piece separately, but I said screw it and combine them both into a singular piece. Which I honestly think is a better idea then what I was gonna do haha. Plus it's been a while since I've drawn both Stitch and Reuben, who are both of my personal favorite experiments. So drawing them together felt fitting.

There you have it! There's probably more stuff that I could've shared, but these three are the main ones I could think of, in terms of "Art pieces I was going to share but forgot too." as always If you wanna see more stuff like this, be sure to head over to my bluesky, and if you want your own personal digital piece, then be sure to check out my ko-fi, where commissions are currently open!

         ~MrJrC 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bonkers Doodles

Something I completely forgot to post when showing off my various sketches are these doodles of Bonkers D. Bobcat ! I drew these for the 33r...